Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Promise- When in Rome

My energy is low. I think I need to create a little meter, like the gas meter in my car. Empty to Full. I can adjust it to each moment and I guess the benefit would be to give me a visual.
Ok, creating a meter is not a high priority.

Having down time I have been watching some new children's shows with little C. One that I find quite entertaining is called Wonder Pets. It is very repetitious. Every episode is the same story, the Wonder Pets save an animal. They sing most of the show and teach lessons about teamwork. The main characters are school pets, a turtle, duck and guinea pig. So why am I writing about this silly show? Because one of the episodes had such a lovely message about life. I want to remember it.

The pets were off to help an inch worm who had a caterpillar friend that was sick. The pets arrived and the wise guinea pig, Lenny, explained to the inch worm that his friend,the caterpillar, was not sick but in a cocoon. Soon she would transform into a butterfly. The inch worm was very impatient and missed his friend. So the wonder pets offered to help the inch worm pass the time. They played games, talked and even meditated and took deep breathes. Until finally the butterfly emerged. The inch worm was disappointed that the caterpillar was gone and they could not play in the same way. He wanted his old friend back. He wasn't prepared for this change. The wonder pets encouraged the worm to talk to the butterfly about his feelings and they found a way to transform their friendship as well.

A message so simple and sweet:
Change happens. Be flexible with expected outcomes. Have friends help you through the rough times. We all need a little more patience. When you think someone is sick they might actually be transforming into something more beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: