Saturday, March 19, 2011

Moonshadow- Cat Stevens

My love is as big as the supermoon of March. It is 14 percent brighter and appears 30 percent bigger. Happy supermoon everyone. I look forward to seeing the next one in 18 years.

We: Canyon, my dad and I made it to the park today. I actually participated in the world outside of my house for a full 2 hours. It was sunny and crisp outside. Canyon kicked the ball, swung on the swing and slid down the slide. It gave me energy. The "rest" of the afternoon was resting. My stomach felt funny which led to more resting. I watched the clouds and sun. I listened to birds singing. It felt like spring has sprung.

I spent some time pulling out some of my remaining clumps of hair. Some hair is actually growing on my head, not enough to cover any surface area but a few strands here and there. I like to think of my hair (or lack there of) like that of a newborn. Sometimes babies are born with a lot of hair, like Canyon. Then as they grow, they lose all or most of their hair, and then it comes back. So I am in the newborn/infant stage of hair growth. On the other hand, I am going to be 40 and bald next week, happy birthday to me! I don't really care much about the hair. Sometimes in public people are seem nicer or kinder to me. I believe it softens people a little bit to see someone "struggling" or "sick". Some people can't deal and don't want to make eye contact or even talk to me. Some people are probably busy in their life and don't think twice about it. It's all normal. It is just interesting to have an illness that people can see. I remember going to the relay-for-life event years ago and seeing a bald mom with a child and feeling very sad about what I saw, it brought me to tears. Now it is me the bald mom, it really is not that sad. Well, sometimes it is but feelings always change. Thankfully my love is as big as the supermoon so I can be a supermom, superwife, superkid, superstar.

My dad was here for the week and we were sad to see him go. Grandpa Mike got his fair share of trains and cars playing with Canyon. He was so helpful during my "black" week. He was also a dynamo organizer and he was fast. I would turn around and everything had a place. Having order gives me space to relax, now I don't have to worry about all the "stuff" in my house. It is either gone or where it needs to be. I just get to heal. Thank you dad for your help and love. We needed it! Get some rest.

No comments: