Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tell me something good- Rufus & Chaka khan

Good morning. I am getting ready for a semi epic day. I am trying to balance the events with rest and pace. In my past life I would try to fit in as many activities, chores events into my day and i could do it. Now I have to consciously look at the whole day and make a plan. To add to the formula today I have to eat low sugar, low carbs and no exercise or eating and drinking after 10 pm. The scan rules. I will top the day off with a drive to Seattle and general anxiety about tomorrow. An interesting day ahead. I warned my husband that the controlling beast will pay a visit. Also I will probably get irritated by things being out of place in the house." Don't you know all the shirts go in this drawer?" Real important stuff.

Yes, those are my "coping" skills. Some skills better than others. It is so much easier to try to control my environment than what? Sit around worry about the scan that I have no control over. Think about the results that could again change my life. I am tired of scans and results. Tell me something good. I want to thoroughly enjoy my neices birthday party and our friends that are coming to help with our yard. I don't want to think about my scan. So my coping skills ignite, be gentle on those I love.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Love it, love it,love it. You will hear something good.