Friday, April 1, 2011

One - U2


I found this last night when I couldn't sleep, blaming it on the steroids and beeping pump.

I like it for a lot of reasons. First as a patient in the medical system I am only  one person but I am connected to the whole world and my treatment effects you too doctor and nurse. So my persistent, possibly neurotic need to know details is about my life, my family, my friends and you. Who knows maybe you leave my room thinking, wow, that is a proactive patient, how great. She is really working to heal. But my guess is you are in a hurry to see the next patient and don't have time to reflect. As a nurse, I understand, I have been there done that. I my ideal medical world there would be a little more mindfulness, soul and less rushing around.

Secondly, I think of my parents. They brought me into this world. I was an innocent and pure infant that brought them love and joy. To me they were my world as a child and i am sure I was there world too. As I am now claiming to be a grown-up they are still my world but it has expanded to my own family.

My own family and my spouses family. I have a husband who loves me, relies on me and knows me better then anyone. He is the world to me and I am the world to him. When We became parents we learned in another way what it means to be the world for one person, our sweet baby  Canyon. He is also the world for us.

I am one person who will continue with all my strength and courage to transform this cancer out of my body mind and soul because I am the world for someone and someone is the world for me. 

You are the world for someone too. We are all one. (Am I getting too corny now? Well whatever works. Bring on the corn)

1 comment:

Nichole said...

Perfectly said!