Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tell Me Something Good Continued

I played the Beatles on pandora during the scan. I actually napped and felt fine. Post scan I had to wait 20 minutes to prove that I would not have an allergic reaction. Each person I encountered during my scan explained the process so well, but because I have done this no less than 6 times I kinda know what to expect. I listened to the explanation again and again thinking maybe I'd learn something new but it was the same. Finally I cut off the nuclear tech and said, "you are very thorough in your explanation but I have done this many times before." Is that rude? I also found myself a little impatient with the LPN who was starting my IV, taking his time like it was brain surgery. Just do it already. I guess it boils down to it sucks being a repeat customer of the cancer center. It is not the kind of place that you want everyone to know your name, but right now it is my frickin' Cheers. ( one of the techs new my name, darn it.)

Later I waited to speak with the nurse coordinator ( only a 35 minute wait). I checked in with her about my labs which are all looking good for a cancer patient. I spent the rest of the day out in the world waiting for my radioactive self to deactivate. I had 10 hours to stay clear of cuddling with kids and pregnant women. Every time I entered a store I set off the alarm. I was so alarming.

Today I couldn't remember my appointment time for tomorrows oncologist visit. To cover my bases I left a message with the front desk, scheduler and nurse. It is so hard to reach a human. They all called back! The nurse left this message. "Alexis your appointment is at at 1 pm tomorrow and I have to tell you your scan looked beautiful! We were all so excited to see your clear scan results!"

Yep, it's working! There is no evidence of cancer!!! Finally, some good news, thank you the powers that be. I am so relieved. Can you say: exhale. When it's good, it's really good!

I can continue on with 3 more treatments and be done. Exhale, inhale and exhale, Amen!

Sent from my iPhone

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome news! We're thinking about you - Jessica, Nils and Alex

Sara T. said...

Yay!!!! That is such great news. Die, cancer, die!! The offer still stands for a playdate with Esther when you are down in Seattle.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing momma! Canyon and Brandon are lucky to have such a special person as their favorites! :) Much love and healthy thoughts to you....CANCER=TAKE THAT!
-Chelsea, Patrick and Ziggy

Sandi said...

Great news Alexis! I just found your blog thru your care calendar and wanted to send you positive thoughts and tons of well wishes from back here at work. Miss your smile around here. Will sign up for some meals now. I make a good chicken enchilada get ready. Hey, I saw man date 4/15 and wondered if your hubby and son would want to join my hubby and son out at an event at the fairgrounds for "boys of all ages". I'll send you the info to your email. Stay strong, thinking tons about you all along. -Sandi Hughes-McMillan

Anonymous said...

Alexis,

Sending you all the best from Benin. Keep fighting the good fight. xoxo JoEllen

Jessica Sankey said...

Whoo-hoo! Some good news. Keep it up, keep it up!
All the best--
Jessica