Friday, May 20, 2011

One thing leads to another - the Fixx

I made it to round 5. Today was another waiting game and a blessing in disguise. The hospital was full and my 11:00 admit time was moved until 4pm. I was stuck in traffic for an hour trying to get here. So I check in a 5:15. Usually the admission process takes hours and I was anticipating being here until Saturday morning instead of a Friday night discharge. Talk about a test of giving up control. When i arrived, my nurse said my chemo medication was ready and the infusion was changed from 20 hours to 18 hours. So I was hooked up and was getting infused within an hour. My room has a view of Mount Rainer and I was able to spend the most beautiful day outside with my son. What a mixed blessing getting bumped. It looks like I will be out of here by 5 pm tonight.

I only slept 3-4 hours last night. Silly meds and counter meds. Hopefully I will rest later.
So far so good. Just waiting for the fatigue to set in.

No comments: