Thursday, May 5, 2011

Here Comes Your Man- the Pixies

6 years ago I was getting into my wedding dress. I was preparing for my magical wedding day. It was one of the best days of my life. The sun was out and I looked beautiful. My friends and family at our side. What a celebration. My dear hubby I met 19 years ago today at a party in Bellingham.

Today I am pale, bald and bloated. Making laps around the living room to activate my bowels. So sexy, I know. I have no eyebrows and very few eyelashes. I am covered in scars. my body is so different. But I am still me.

My hubby sees through it all. He sees through my body's changes. He sees my soul and continues to tell me I am beautiful. I know he loves me for better or for worse. He sees my scars and his heart hurts for what I have endured but I know he loves me and sees beauty.

He is the devoted hubby I had hoped for when I married him. He makes me laugh. We know how to push each others buttons, and do. We have been to hell and back, many times now. We are solid. He is an amazing papa. Here's to you hubby and many happy times ahead.

I love you B. I am a lucky duck!

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

brandon said...

Even with all this pain, I am still the luckiest man to have ever lived.