Monday, May 23, 2011

Restless Resting

Restless resting, sounds like an oxymoron, that is how I feel today. I am tired from the extra 8 pounds of chemo and hydration that is flowing through my body. It is amazing that I gain 8 lbs in 3 days. Then I get to pee it all out, go kidneys. But in the meantime I get to feel swollen and puffy.

It is very challenging to be present. I want to plan and get on with my life and do something constructive with my day. I have to convince myself, again, that resting is my work for the day. Like my toddlers job is to play, mine is to rest. And again, this is my life right now, there's no such thing as "getting on with my life". I just miss my ole pal energy. My other job today is to be understanding about my impatience and frustration, you can have it.

It's times like these, right after chemo, I want to be inspired. I want to feel passion about life and the world. I want to make a difference make my mark. It must be a mortality thing. I really want to live a full life and being in bed feels a bit stifling.

While I am down and out my wonderful coworkers are planning a lunch fundraiser tomorrow to help us out. We are so blessed. Thank you my health department family.

Well back to restless resting.

1 comment:

Anna said...

hope you are feeling more energy today. :)