Monday, December 28, 2009

You’re the Best (Karate Kid Soundtrack). -Joe Esposito

It is only a sprain, yahoo! On the 24th day of Christmas I gave my body a lovely right ankle purple bruise. Now, on the 28th day of Christmas I gave my body a splint for my right ankle. Today, I have some fear and loathing of what is to come. I feel like I should be planning for Hawaii but I keep planning for treatment. I want my treatment to be easier this time. Just because I know what to expect it will be easier, but it is still scary and sucks. I am not looking forward to having my own pharmacy to treat every unexpected symptom. I am not looking forward to the highs and lows of steroids. I am not excited about the moon face and flushed skin look that treatment brings. I am not looking forward to not knowing what I can and can't eat day to day. I am not excited to be tired all the time, especially with a toddler. I am not excited to live away from home for six weeks. I am not excited by all the needle pokes and IV's. I can only HOPE that this time it will be less intense because the radiation field is different. The onslaught of appointments have been scheduled, it is a reality. It is happening, my life continues but also feels "on hold". I want a new beginning. I want to sort, purge and reorganize. Throw out the clutter to make room for new possibilities. So this round of chemo and radiation better purge those cancer cells into outer space and out of my body forever! I want them gone for good. I am done with caner already. Please move on cancer cells, please.

No comments: