Thursday, December 31, 2009

Nobody's Gonna Break My Stride. -Matthew Wilder

Happy New Year, 2010 a new decade. I am ready to purge. I want to move things out of my life, make room for new things, good things. I want to recycle and take many trips to the Goodwill with stuff that has been in my life for too long. I have folders from high school, college and nursing school. I have old clothes and notes. I like to look back on these items for a trip down memory lane, but it is time to let them move on. I need to hit the restart button with "stuff" in my life. I want more freedom from my physical belongings. I want to make room to attain our family goal, which is to hit the road in our vintage travel trailer, the "Aloha", and see odd road side attractions and other beautiful sites in the US. We will take a few months to see the sites, show our boy the beauty and strangeness of America.
I am also excited about going back to school to becoming a nurse practioner, I plan to move back into direct patient, yes and yeah! I am still undecided about a specialty: Family, Women's or Pediatric? I am going to apply at the end of this year 2010 for fall of 2011. I am not sure what school I will go with but I am excited for the future of my career.
I am excited to see my baby grow and communicate more. He is now trying to jump which consists of him bouncing up and down on his tippy toes. He is a sponge for learning and fantastic. He points at everything and wants to watch wheels, fans and laundry spin. He is pure joy and fun.
This will be the decade of health for me and my family, I will soon be completely cancer free and work to stay healthy and spiritually wealthy. I hope to run again or dedicate more of my time to yoga and meditation. Eat more organic and less sugar.
oh sugar, how much I love thee. I love mike and ikes, good and plenty, gummy anything and licorice. Candy is so fun. Sugar is so sweet. However, I tend to believe that cancer likes sugar. When I had my PET scan they used a dextrose solution that "attracts cancer cells" so wouldn't that mean that cancer and sugar work well together? Well, I am trying to minimize my sugar intake, or at least my candy intake. It is like saying goodbye to an old friend.
2010 will be filled with life

No comments: