Saturday, June 11, 2011

Your Song - Elton John

Kaun Yin- godess of compassion

Motherhood initiation

A rite of passage takes an unexpected path
Falling down a rabbit hole, stuck in an evil wrath
Filled with beeps, poison elixirs and fear
Absent of play dates and talk of baby Gear

This will help, Here's your radical hysterectomy
All done, menopause and no more children for me
Breastfeeding ended on mother's day
Chemotherapy is now the needed way

daily trips to radiation
Who cares about a fucking diaper station
Surgery again, it just won't go away
I got a new $87,000 dollar vagina today

Scars decorate me from my crotch to chest 
Makes no difference when my baby lays on me to rest
Welcome colostomy to the cancer train
Filled with change, trauma and pain

Hello bald head honest and round
Playing trains with my boy on the ground
My spirit is strong and ready to win
This woman is dynamic and loves her kin

My body has been transformed by this disease
I am better, much more at ease
Despite my journey I am here and alive
My baby is a blessing and he is why I survive

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy to see you today. Thanks for sharing your poem. You continue to be an inspiration. Patti