Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rocket Man - Elton John

A little bit of snow fell from the sky today here in Bellingham. It felt like hope. It felt like a little snow blanket of comfort. Nature saying I am here and things change and transform. Now it's sunny.

I made it out of bed for a shower today. I helped my son get dressed and ready for Childcare. I feel accomplished. I have continued my day in bed, dozing and on the phone. After my shower I could see my port tubing under my skin for the first time without tegaderm. It rolls under my fingers like a flexible straw. More power for my battle. The ever changing body designed by cancer.

Today I learned that I have heartburn and need to take something for it, Prilosec. I need a laxative and the pain I feel in my legs is mainly a result of the Nulesta shot. My body is working hard to produce white blood cells because the shot told my body get into gear and work. It was recommend I take Claritin to help with the pain. It feels like there is a team of gnomes with little hammers pounding up and down my legs, trying to create some garden art out of my body. So I've got my sister-in-law on the way to bring me some claritin, food and TLC. Let's hope it works

I am off steroids today and no nausea, yeah! At 4:30am I was up and found a chemo calendar app. So I can track my symptoms and reflect on the change.

I do feel like there is light at the end of this tunnel. I know I am going to need a lot of help. I am working on the care calendar again. Riding the wave.

Big love to my mom. I can't imagine having to watch your only child suffer. I love you thank you for your strength and help.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: