Friday, February 25, 2011

Another one rides the Bus- Weird Al

Still feel like I have been hit by a bus. Not a rock-n-roll tour bus but definitely a public bus with some uplifting ironic message on the side, for improving your life. Like an advertisement for the biggest loser or weight watchers. I also feel like my head has been on spin cycle in the dryer. Drying out and deleting all the bits of intelligence I once possessed.

C and I watched some Wonder Pets today. Enjoyed the music and laughed at some of the juvenile humor that only a juvenile adult like myself would enjoy.

I ate dinner at the table last night! I am tempted to try a shower today. I know I would feel better yet the production of a shower is not simple for me, it's a bag thing. When you have a colostomy you never really hop in and out of the shower. It is a process. I'll save that story for another time.

Everyday, The ultimate question always boils down to: will it give me energy or will it take it away? I have such low reserves that I have to pick my choices wisely, especially now. Writing gives me energy because I feel like I can get it out. I can puke out my experience and feelings into this blog and it depletes some of the power this disease thinks it has over me. I can reflect and know that this is a moment in time, in my lifetime, which has a long future ahead.

Back to my bus analogy. Cheers to the bus and your attempt to take me down. It's not going to happen so I honor you for your attempt. Instead, i will be getting on and riding you bus. ( which is probably true because of my aching side effects, i cant imagine driving.) Bad joke and a tangent gone to far. But who is gonna argue with the girl fighting cancer. Ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: