Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds

Infusion #3. I have entered a new warrior phase of my treatment. I wore my knee high ninja socks for the world to see today, kicking cancer's ass one day at a time. I have also created a new "spiritual" name for myself: Brave Stinging Bottom, it tells all I think. I have had some success with my constipation situation, however due to my burning skin I am always aware of my bottom/perinieum zone. I continue to think about the wonders of the butt. My pain is controlled by ibu. for the most part. Today my veins were not very cooperative, It took 4 tries to get a line. I have my infusion line on my right hand which makes it hard to do much, oh well, only 4 more hours.
I went home last weekend to Bellingham the 2nd time in a month. It was great to see the streets, Mt. Baker and my home. I was nervous to come home. I felt sad that I am not in Bellingham, that my home is only a place I visit right now. It is a reminder of "my life" which is not at home. I felt like I needed to walk around my house and take inventory or just be aware of what was in my house. Look at the dresser, a painting, the closet. All these things we have spent time collecting to be a part of our lives. A lot of memories connected to items and things. I did however feel this strong need to purge and reorganize, which will have to wait. It is amazing that I can be gone from my home for over a month and I don't really need anything that is in my house. Cancer makes me want a new start, a do over. I want to purge the cancer and I want to declutter our lives of material things. I want to have room to heal and make room for peace in my life. I want to live like I am on vacation. Does this sound crazy? I am sure this has something to do with living through a remodel too. Once I am done with this treatment, I am going to purge and spring clean like there is no tomorrow, live in the moment!
Juicing is my other thought of the day. I have been reading a lot about the benefits of juicing which I cannot partake in until after treatment due to the high antioxidants. Also, can someone teach me to cook really awesome and diverse healthy foods?

2 comments:

ptchrissy said...

you are so amazing and I feel really blessed to be in your life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, it always seems to me that talking about the big things makes them a wee bit smaller. I would love to do some healthy cooking with you soon!

Unknown said...

This blog is fantastic! Alexis, I think you might really enjoy Alice Waters' cookbook, "Simple Foods."

Jimmy Ulvenes