Thursday, February 18, 2010

I want a new drug - Huey Lewis & The News

My creativity is low, my posting seems less interesting. I will blame it on treatment. Bubba is 14 months today, happy bday to you my love! He is busy and talking and walking a lot. A bit exhausting for my present lifestyle but also an inspiration of love in my life. I am 33% done with treatment. Unfortunately it is not a downward easy ride from here. I am trying to work on balancing my body with the various assults I currently endure. Tuesday I ended up with 5 pokes for one IV and a blood draw. Now I am sporting a huge bruise from a blown vein, too many pokes.
Now for the graphic part, you can pass on reading this if you don't want to know the "graphic" details. It is all about the vag and butt. Please honor and love your rectum, is all I have to say. All the meds I take have given me constipation and I am working to get things flowing. I have been given the green light to eat all raw fruits and veges, (a wonderful gift) I am drinking prune juice, metamucil, 4 stool softeners a day, lots of water and probiotics and aloe vera juice. Unfortunately, it still hasn't worked, so having a bowel movement is very painful due to my surgery. I had some of the rectal tissue removed so to be crude I can say, "I have ripped a new asshole". I use a lot of yoga breathing and then a sitz bath, cold and warm, Ibuprofen helps. I then get daily radiation on my rectum and vag to add insult to the injury. So I have to say love the amazing process of your rectum. I also have the start of a yeast infection brewing and started on some oral diflucan.
This is what my life is right now, managing symptoms and trying to rest and play with Bubba. I am also trying to find time to bring healing into my day, like listening to a song I like on my drive to radiation and singing it loudly. Sitting in the winter sun watching bubba play with a mole hill and a stick. Searching on the internet for resources and tips to help with my cancer journey. It is just one day at a time and also some good junky distractions like "Lost" episodes or People magazine.

1 comment:

Nichole Braun said...

Alexis, thank you for inviting me to your blog! You have so much going on. I think of you everyday and how wonderful and strong you are. After reading your blog I thought of a few things that could be helpful. My son has sufferred from horrible constipation and the only thing that has worked for him is a homemade fruit paste recipe (with lots of goods, including fresh brewed senna leaves), I always keep a jar in the freezer and would be more than happy to share if you like. Another major soother for the yeast infection is to take a bath (are you allowed?) with a cup of apple cider vinegar added to your water, followed by an application of plain yogurt to the affected area. So basic, yet works so well...just in case you'd had enough of the prescription drugs:) Keep smiling!