Sunday, July 22, 2012

We're on the road to nowhere, I mean somewhere!

Not sure what to write. I am tired and feel a little stuck. where is my next road? Where do I turn next? I feel like I am at a fork in the road. Like Fozzie and Kermie as they're, "movin' right along". The first road I am taking is adding on 3 more days of Cyberknife. The doctor recommended I add on 3 more days for maximum treatment. So I agreed to this new road, keeping me away from home until, August, 1st. I also felt a lump in my clavicle lymph area and shared this with my cyberknife doctor. He was concerned and encouraged me to share this with my oncology doctor and start a systemic chemotherapy as soon as Cyberknife was finished. The systemic chemotherapy was always a part of the plan but it wasn't in the near future. Luckily the medicine is a dose that is supposedly "light". So maybe it will be like driving the Oregon coast, not real warm but has pretty views.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend Adria told me about your blog and I've been reading for a few weeks now. I was a year ahead of you at Oly. You are on my mind so much, and I have been sending you love, light, and good vibes since I heard about your ongoing cancer battle. The way you describe your treatments brings it to a level I can understand and empathize with. What a brave woman you are! I am rooting for you, Alexis, and for your whole family. ~Christa (Sheafe) Richardson