Saturday, November 19, 2011

Today- Shania Twain

I made it out of the hospital last night about 8:30. After many chest X-rays proving that my lungs are sealed(sounds like the perfect gogo's cover.) after proving my pain could be controlled with oral meds. I am keeping my pain under control with Tylenol and dilaudid. I finally was able to see my little man after 4 days. He was happy to see his mama and I was happy too. I can do most things but am on "sternal precautions" which means no use of my arms for a while. I can't get out of bed without help. Just so glad to have all my tubes and lines out of my body.

I am officially bionic now. Recovering at my moms with lots of help from family. Not stuck in the hospital watching shows about cupcakes and wedding dresses, Having nurses say I need to walk when I just wanted to puke or getting chest X-rays everyday at 4 am. Life is good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alexis,

Glad to hear you are out of the hospital. We are thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery. Lightening is doing well. Hugs and prayers, Omar, Kateri, and Max

Anonymous said...

Hey there Alexis,
Susan Wickersham just sent me this link to your blog. You have been in our thoughts and conversations when we go on occasional walks. I'm glad to hear that you are at your Mom's surrounded by love and care. Your blog is amazing. You ARE a Warrior. Love and prayers are being sent your way. May you be filled with lovingkindness, health, and happiness today. Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Few people can keep up a conversation after going through what you have, and you send us spirited blogs. You are so amazing! I miss you, my bionic warrior friend, and send you healing thoughts and prayers. Alice

Anonymous said...

Hi Alexis,
Glad to hear you are out of the hospital. I Hope you are starting to feel better and wish you a speedy recovery .

Take Care
Sandy Angove