Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Getting stronger

Not getting as much rest as I'd like but doing well. Surgery went smoothly and after a long wait I started surgery yesterday after 4pm and woke up at 10 pm. They removed part of my ribs sternum and tissue. They used gortex to rebuild my chest wall and used a portion of my pectoral muscle to cover that. Also got the stent for my kidney. I am truly becoming a bionic woman. I have lots of tubes and my pain is well controlled by an epidural and Tylenol. It's hard to move much. I did get up to a chair twice today and the second time was much easier. I am in the ICU because that's where there was a bed.

I am glad to be done. It sounds like I won't be able to drive for a month due to the turning of my body. I miss my little guy and am waiting to have less tubes before I see him. He had a fun day at the zoo with his papa. Thank you all for the love and support as always. I am looking forward to getting home.

4 comments:

Sara T. said...

I am so glad the surgery went well. Hopefully the fixes mean less pain and more function. Prayers for fast healing. Sara T

Renee said...

Hi Alexis, good to hear from you so soon after the surgery. We are thinking about you a lot looking forward to seeing you at home when you return. Renee and Steve

Tanja & Nate Reiss said...

Hi Alexis: Nate and I have been thinking about you three a lot lately. So glad to hear that the surgeries went well. We hope that this recovery is swift and gentle! Our healing thoughts are with you and Brandon and Canyon. Your journey has been long and you have showed such strength. We are inspired by your spirit! Warmest Wishes,
Tanja & Nate (and Freya)

Suzagnes said...

You are a beautiful soul, Mamacan! Maybe we all make our soul journeys in imperfect vessels, huh? Your body-boat is in good hands, I think, with professionals of great skill. Your description reminded me of old days in the boatyard, where the shipwrights discussed which was the better patching material for this or that work. Some swore by "marine tex," a clean, chemical combo - easy to mold ... Richard was always partial to a certain wood glue, gentle-smelling with great holding power ... and the old man, Bill, who had more experience than any of them, recommended "ickum-putty," a terrible black goo that outlasted other bonds, he claimed, because no rot spore would go near it.
Rest well ... while the putty sets-up strong and flexible. My warm prayers join the sea of love that floats you. Susan W.