Sunday, August 14, 2011

Save Me - Aimee Mann

Another day of learning and coping with change. My body continues to evolve, devolve whatever you want to call it.

You know how most of us have uneven bodies. Your right bicep is stronger than the left. My right leg muscles or adipose has always been slightly larger then my left, until now. I am dealing with the spread of lymphadema down my left leg to the tip of my toes. Now I have to call my left leg "big leg" a name that was always awarded to my right leg. I make light of it but it is anxiety producing. It comes and goes and the only way to deal is to wear compression hose and see a physical therapist that is booked out for weeks.

Each day I wake up to a new physical reality. Not much I can count on except change and usually pain and fatigue. I am not looking for sympathy it is just the reality. The challenge is to try to have some levity in my day when I am in pain and not sure what is coming next. It is all temporary and will change. Maybe these side effects are exacerbated due to my treatment being so recent.

I just wish I could sleep without pain. I think about the amount of people living with chronic pain and wonder how do they deal. I guess that is where drugs come in for most people. I am not a fan of meds or feeling groggy. I still need them however. I guess we all have pain in our lives. Well I tell you what, if I knew that the pain I experience now would reduce pain for others, I would feel much better about dealing. I would rather be pain free I am not that much of a martyr.

Here's to the mystery of life!


Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Marnie Jackson said...

I hope you feel much, much better soon!

Marnie