Monday, August 1, 2011

Firework - Katy Perry

And here I am back in the race. The busy must accomplish so many things in one day race. Less time to write or enter the creative zone. Again how do I find balance. The big question. I find myself wanting to create a writing formula for my blog. I need to rest. That is what I need.

My scan was crystal clear. I have three months of healing, normalcy and life ahead of me. I continue to get Avastin infusions every three weeks. I am in the process of getting the infusions transferred close to home. My blood pressure is climbing a side effect of the medication. Tomorrow I will start on a new medication to lower my blood pressure. I am nervous about adding medication to my body. I fear a slippery slope. I continue to have siatic pain that wakes me up at night. I was given another medication for nerve pain. I will see a physical therapist tomorrow about my pain. Oh it's a laundry list.

I am tired of my body being the focus of my life, it takes up so much of my time, the unfolding of my survivor self. When I am in between taking vitamins, supplements and medication. I am having brief moments of pure presence and joy. For example, I put hair product in my hair, thrilling moment. Walking because I can. Go to the grocery store more than once a week. Swimming with my son. Being inspired by others. Love for my family. Driving with the radio on. So many moments where I am thankful to just be in the moment, to be alive.

Then 99% of the rest of it is trying to multitask. I appreciate that 1%. Slow down friend that is my advice for you- self.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I've been thinking about you. So happy you had a clear scan. You've been through so much, more than I can imagine. I'm so impressed by your ability to see the simple things that make you appreciate life. I wish I could be so present in the moment. Here's hoping the next three months are filled with many simple, pleasurable moments for you!