Monday, March 8, 2010

New Moon on Monday - Duran Duran

The count down is on. Only 9 more radiation treatments and 2 more chemos. The radiation fields are decreasing starting tomorrow too. Yeah! usually there are 9 different radiation beam angles that target a variety of areas. Now they are going to be reduced down to 3 target areas, the techs call it "a boost". When I think of a boost I think of getting a protein boost in a smoothie, something healthy. But this is like an additional blast to kill the cancer and fry my skin too. However my groin area is now going to be radiation free, let the healing begin. Mondays and Tuesdays are my most challenging days of the week. All my meds are wearing off by Monday evening and a headache is starting to set in. Tuesday I feel like dung just waiting to get more steroids to stop the headache and the pain in my butt. oh the joy of treatment.

I am trying to see this as spring cleaning. Out with the old in with the new. I am so ready to be done with this spring cleaning. I went to acupuncture last Friday and felt more energy as a result. I was also informed that my "yang" was low, which is "lack of heat". Something you wouldn't expect from someone getting radiation but we figured it is probably due to the chemo medication which is a metal. Now I have a list of "yang" foods to eat. Hopefully I can ignite more heat into my body, it is worth a try.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: