Thursday, March 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home - Motley Crue

I made it! I have finished 31 radiations and 6 chemos. Thank God it is over. I am healing every day and still on a variety of meds including, steroids and lots of ibu but I will hopefully be able to wean myself off them by next week. My skin is healing a little bit each day. I am still pretty tired and have my mooned-out face. C'est la vie, it could be soo much worse.

I arrived home on Sunday to a transformed home. My hubby was on a mission to create a simple and clean home for our return and he did just that, with help from others too. (Thank you, thank you and thank you). It was so emotional just driving into Bellingham and feeling that sense of being home after being away for 2 months. It was coming back to myself. I arrived to balloons and flowers filling my house and a home that looked like it had been in one of those "clean sweep" shows. We are no longer living on one floor while remodeling we have our whole house back, sans clutter. There are still things to go through and organize but it is not as overwhelming as it once was when we were living on one floor. I am set up to heal and recover- thank you.

My lovely sister-in-law also provided me with a singing card in my bathroom that does play "I will Survive" when I open the card, this has made the the pain a little less grim when it comes to my potty times. I also found a hand held fan a bartells that lights up and has an easter bunny on it. It is perfect for those outings when I can't wipe. Oh the joy of treatment. However soon I will be back to wiping and wearing pants again and I can retire my skirt wardrobe for a while.

My 39th birthday was yesterday and it was wonderful. I was pretty tired because I have been so excited to be home, I want to go, go go. My dad was here for the transition helping me with Canyon and other house things. (thank you, thank you thank you). I received a wonderful juicer and I am excited to start my juicing revolution to keep those cancer cells out of my system. Ok, as I right this all down I have to remind myself to pace myself because I get so excited about the new beginnings. That is where the deep breathing and meditation come in, right.

Canyon is happy and having fun exploring his new/old toys and adjusting to his new/old room.

I am really so thankful to have such wonderfully supportive friends and family during this rough road. I have to say the blogging helps. I am glad to be blogging a little less because that means I am out living life, not on the computer. Life is like a musical (that ones for you mom), for me it is more theme songs that can represent a moment, a day or an event. I know we really have little control in our life and really all we can count on is that things will change. But you can pick your songs, that I can control, we all can.

No comments: