Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Recovery

Biopsy 1 and 2 done. I am in bed at my mom's house. It was pretty quick as far as outpatient surgery goes. I checked in at 9:45 went back to prep at 10:00 and in surgery by 12:15 recovered and out the door by 3:45. It seems long but it was quick for a 30 minute surgery. The bad news is that the mass on the left which is the size of a thumb nail is cancerous. So no matter what some treatment plan will be recommended. So I am looking at possibly more radiation and chemotherapy. I am also looking at the reality of this disease continuing indefinitely. I am tired of this journey and have to consider my quality of life when the treatment recommendations are presented. I want to try and do everything in my power to be here for my sweet boy. Friday I will know the results from the right sided biopsy and I have not scheduled the chest biopsy. Today I am off to see the neurologist about my leg. I can't walk much but my pain is better.thank you all for your continued prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it's not better news, but at least you should have a plan soon. Sending you lots of postitive gris gris and thinking about you all the time. - Jessica

Darcy said...

I am a friend of Laura's and have intermittently been following your blog as she puts up a link on FB. I wanted you to know that there are lots of people you probably don't know personally, sending you love and healing. I am an intuitive energy healer, and although you might not know what that is or believe in therapies like that, I wanted to share something that I think you might look into. It's called seeded radiation therapy or brachytherapy. I have little idea of what this is used for beyond prostate cancer treatment, but it's something that bears investigation. Good luck, and many prayers are coming your way.
http://www.cancercenter.com/conventional-cancer-treatment/radiation-therapy/hdr-brachytherapy.cfm?source=GOOGLEWE&channel=paid%20search&c=paid%20search:Google:Google%20-%20Western%20Core%20Terms:Procedures%3A+Radiation%7CBrachytherapy:brachytherapy:Broad&OVMTC=Broad&site=&creative=4419231471&OVKEY=brachytherapy&url_id=129257281&adpos=1t2&gclid=COzRrcCKyq0CFQ1ahwodi1iqiQ&OVMTC=Broad&site=&creative=4419231471&OVKEY=brachytherapy&url_id=129257281&adpos=1t2&gclid=COzRrcCKyq0CFQ1ahwodi1iqiQ&ic_pl_id=129257281&ic_lp_id=19972791&cdid=5213

Sara T. said...

Shit. I am sorry, Alexis. Continuing to pray for healing and just feeling better. I am glad you get to go back to B'ham Friday with everything done. They say there might be snow. Our kiddos will enjoy that and I hope you enjoy it too. Lots and lots of love from Ballard, Sara