Monday, January 17, 2011

Rock With You -Michael Jackson

Rock with you. I always claimed this song as my perfect "date" song. It is smooth and relaxing. I imagined a candle lit room with some wine (even though I don't like wine too much). Okay maybe a mixed drink. I imagined sitting on a heart shaped bed or maybe a couch with a fake animal fur blanket. Really a scene from a cheesy movie. Hmmmm, It kinda feels like life is sometimes different scenes from movies. Maybe I have just watched too many movies. I love the escape of a movie wether on dvd or in the theatre it takes you away for 2 hours into another life. It lets you feel what the characters are feeling and with a visual story as well. Lately I have been enjoying the worst comedy movies I can find. I don't even watch the whole movie just parts of them to get a laugh. I watched bits of "The Love Guru" and "undercover brother". They are one star movies but they are simple and funny. I guess that is what I need. Okay back to the date song.

So the romantic days of being young, in love and excited for what may ensue has taken a back seat in my life. But I have to say the other night my husband and I had "a night out" which by parenting definition is an hour and a half to ourselves. We went out looking for something fun to do on a friday night. We ended in the lounge of Pepper Sisters eating some desert. Classic tunes from the 70's were playing and low and behold, I want to Rock with you, sweetly flowed throughout the room. I couldn't help singing along and swaying to the groove. This turned into hubby and I singing various Bee Gee songs and filming ourselves (with the iphone) in the restaurant having our own personal karaoke party.

So my perfect date song had a different outcome than I imagined. There were no heart shaped pillows or tall flutes of champagne. I was with my dearest love and we were singing in public and didn't care about what anyone thought. It wasn't about the setting it was about the person. It was spontaneity at its finest. It was our love and committment to each other. It was our compatitble sense of humor. It was our freedom from parenting. It was our creative expression with each other. It was "we don't have to talk about pain, cancer and daily chores" for a moment. We were present together listening to my perfect "date song". So now I can say I have had my perfect date.

So I have a same day surgery next week to remove and enlarged lymph node with metabolic activity that is next to my heart. It was found on my scan. I am here to tell you, cancer my teacher, that I have a heart that is so full of love that it may have enlarged a lymph node. Also, I do not need you to visit that lymph node. If you are there you can leave. I am also letting you know that I am prepared for whatever outcome I must face. I believe that I am healthy no matter what is found in my body. I am strong and trust my life path.

No comments: