Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hoping to reduce the hotness...

So as I waited again for more scan results I found myself less worried this time. Not because I thought I would have favorable results but because what they tell me are just words. They are not deciding my fate with their results and recommendations. They are just as clueless as I am about the progression of my disease. They don't know this cancer any better than I do. So I am wheeled via wheel chair into my exam room. I am now a wheel chair rider and crutches user. I wait and my Oncologist and radiation oncologist were both present with fairly good news. I was happily surprised. The docs were thrilled by the Cyberknife treatment i received on my left side, it had resulted in complete healing. There were no hot spots or signs of cancer on the left pelvic side of my PET/ CT. So the unfortunate news was there was an increase of "hotness", a doubling in amount on the right side deep in my body near my nerves- sciatic nerve and more. Maybe this is why I have difficulty walking and soo much pain and swelling. My Docs want me to get Cyberknife on the right side since it did such wonders for my left side. I chartered new grounds with the Cyberknife treatment for cervical cancer. Yeah, it worked. So let's hope it works for the right side too!

The rest of my body is clear, clean and negative for any cancer tumors or hotness! So overall the news is good. I just need to get this hotness off my ass. Or off my sciatic nerve area. The hope is that my pain will decrease and I will be able to walk again. In the meantime I am filling my body with lemon water and rainbow foods. The rainbow connection has helped my body. Please continue sending prayers and rainbow connection food ideas. May the hotness become hope!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

10 comments:

The Hutchings said...

terrific news! XOXO Adria

The Hutchings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara T. said...

I am so glad! Yay for cyberknife. That would be great if cooling the remaining hotness can also reduce the nerve pain and numbness. I will pray for that. No more pain. We have more flexible schedules in the summer so I hope to get to drive you again when you are down here for treatment. Take Care, Sara T

Anonymous said...

Oh joy! This is good news! God bless that Cyberknife; may it erase all hotspots and sciatic pain! Big love to you B and C! Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Great news!! Keep up the good work chickie!

-perry

Kathy said...

So happy to read this news!! Yay for cyperknife and for you and your family.
Prayers for healing are continuing right on!

Christina said...

This is awesome news...I am continuing to pray for complete healing for you- and I believe that God can and will heal you fully of all cancer and all the pain. I'm glad that they found a possible reason for all that pain on that one side- as then maybe they can CYBERKNIFE it right out (cyberknife sounds really cool to say- loudly!)(does this mean that you guys might be able to make it out here sometime soon?- hope so)

Anna said...

Oh this is great news! I'm so happy that the treatment worked. I will continue to pray for it to work on the right side and get you back on your feet.

Anonymous said...

Dear Alexis,

That is so good to hear. I pray that the pain will be better.
We are thinking of you.

Kateri, Omar, and Max

Marnie Jackson said...

Down with hotness, up with hope! Onward to a healthy, pain-free future!

Marnie